VIDEOS - Khan Academy vs Chad's

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

yestomeds

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm sure this topic has been discussed or thought about or mentioned ad nauseum (has it?), but I was wondering 2 things about MCAT video studying:

- WHEN, in what situations (OR, for what subjects), you prefer videos... either instead of books for content review... or in addition to books... or et cetera

- And if and when you choose to use videos, WHY you would use Khan versus Chad's videos (versus other company's)?
(I ask because I have heard from 2 people that Khan is either inaccurate or too specific? I haven't heard much about Chad's... or other companies).

Thanks for your thoughts. This is specific to those who ARE or who HAVE taken the MCAT btw! :)

Members don't see this ad.

I studied for the old MCAT (took it once but studied for it on 2 separate occasions because I pushed my date back).

I use Chad's videos (which are GREAT btw, esp for physical sciences, but still great for bio) in order to lock down the concepts that I've already been exposed to. I was able to get into the 12's on PS by watching just PS videos, for the old MCAT of course.

I would read books for anything you don't feel comfortable with and then proceed to watching videos to really hammer down the material.

I'm studying for the new MCAT and I'm using Khan Academy to expose my self to new material (psych/soc) and then I use EK to read and practice. I would say Khan is good for exposure, and Chad gives you all the details you need for the classic concepts in physical sciences and molecular bio.