Virginia Consortium - clinical psychology

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Psychgirl757

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have any thoughts about the program (i.e. where it's ranked). I read that the program is as good as baylor, rutgers (for the psyd programs). Input would be greatly appreciated. Other input is also welcomed.

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone have any thoughts about the program (i.e. where it's ranked). I read that the program is as good as baylor, rutgers (for the psyd programs). Input would be greatly appreciated. Other input is also welcomed.

I actually applied there several years ago (2009). They sent me a letter that they were converting to a PhD format effective for 2010. I wonder what happened. Anyway, I got rejected from the program without an interview (assuming it was my mediocre GRE scores). From what I understand it is a good program, especially if you want to work in DC/Northern Virginia. They offer funding and cohorts are small (about 4). Old Dominican University is a good school and the East Virginia Medical Center is a good training opportunity. The College of Wiliam and Mary was once part of the consortium, but is not anymore. Having the College of William and Mary on your vita would be a huge plus. The VA Consortium is competitive, though, like Baylor and Rutgers. Hope this helps. FOlks that I interviewed with in 2009 who did recieve an interview with the VA Consortium talked about how stressed and worn out the students were. Although stress level does not signify a good or bad program, it is something to consider. Hope this helps!