Virginia Schools EVMS UVA MCV(VCU)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mikeaparker

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone had interviews or rejections from these schools yet??? If so, and you don't mind please post your mcats bcpm/overall gpa.
Also med exposure/work exper. And residency status. I am trying to figure out my chances.

me: ( I am a VA state resident)

UVA: sent secondary waiting for reply and august mcats...

EVMS: sent secondary waiting for reply and august mcats....

MCV(VCU): They did not send sec. yet and are waiting on my mcats before they do.

Highest mcat so far 9,9,6verbal Q writing sample...

GPA: bcpm 3.3 overall 3.45

I have been working in pharmacy for 6 years got certified (CPhT) pharmacy tech. Did nursing LPN preclinical in high school.
Now taking EMT classes this fall.

BS biology major from GMU.

waiting for august mcats hoping for closer to 30 (can't wait to find out
smile.gif
) Good Luck everyone and thanks for your input in advance.....

Mike

Members don't see this ad.

Come on guys and gals don't tell me no one else applied to these schools???

Help me!!!!

I am also a Virginia resident and I have applied to all three Virginina schools.

My status
EVMS accepted
MCV interview scheduled
UVA wait listed

Other information
bcpm 3.82
GPA 3.85
MCAT scores 8VR 9PS 10BS WR R

I do not have any volunteer experince. I have
paticipated in various summer programs and
short internships. I have done some research. In college I worked as a tutor and teacher assitant in school. I am a full time undergraduate student.

Hope you get an interview. Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
Marlena,

Thanks for the info. Just wondering how you rate the VA schools i.e. your first second and third choice. I rate them MCV, EVMS, Then UVA.... Also wondering which school you are attending undergrad, I went to GMU. Good luck and I hope you get your first choice, I am still waiting to hear from uva and evms and waiting on secondary for mcv.

thanks again,

Mike

calm down mike....:)
doesn't evms admit everyone? KIDDING...
I will say this though, as it's written in the school's mission statement, EVMS gives preferential treatment to Virginia residents...even better if you're from that region. Sounds a little odd, but as far as I've heard, seems to be true...best of luck.