VIRMP Deadline Approaching: MSPCA-Angell at Essex Internship Available

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ETurowskiDVM

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Application deadline: Monday, January 11, 9:00 pm EST (1 position available)

Hi, SDN members! I am a longtime lurker here (previously known as SilverSpyderGT), and I wanted to post our upcoming VIRMP intern position here for some signal boosting. This is our second year open, and it has been a crazy ride with the typical challenges of establishing a new clientele, plus the added difficulties from COVID. This is a one year community practice internship with some clinical rotations at our main hospital, MSPCA-Angell in Boston.

In short, we are a satellite facility of MSPCA-Angell, located in Danvers, MA. Our internship is new but very unique! The successful applicant will be able to develop strong surgical and dental skills in a highly mentored small animal (cats and dogs only) private practice, with the added benefit of being able to complete 10 weeks of clinical rotations in the specialty departments at MSPCA-Angell in Boston, MA, plus several weeks of elective rotations.

What does this mean for you? Well, it's really the best of both worlds - you get hands-on time with some of the best clinical veterinarians in the world at MSPCA-Angell in Boston, and the rest of your internship is spent one-on-one with me and our support staff in our brand new clinic, opened in December 2019. Our clinic is located on the campus of Essex North Shore Technical and Agricultural School, a vocational technology regional high school, where high school students train to be veterinary assistants and earn their CVA credentials in addition to completing a general high school course load. It's an awesome opportunity to help shape the careers of our future veterinary staff and veterinarians, while you get the benefits of working in an established veterinary practice and honing your clinical skills under my mentorship.

Our typical week is Monday-Friday 7:30-5pm, no holidays, no evenings, no weekends, and no on-call responsibilities (while at our clinic - your rotations in Boston may have other requirements). You would have three appointment days and two surgery days per week, and our current intern has performed some great surgeries during her time here: lateral suture stifle stabilization, cystotomy, gastrotomy, and more dentals/spays/neuters than either of us care to count.

If this sounds like an opportunity you'd like to explore, feel free to either email me at eturowski(at)angell.org, or you can view the full program description at VIRMP: Program Details . Our clinic's website is Angell at Essex • MSPCA-Angell , if you'd like more information on our location.

Good luck to all of those participating in the match this year - I'd love to see one of you here if things work out!

Members don't see this ad.