VIRMP letters of recommendation suggestions?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

shemari

24 weeks til DVM!
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

For those of you who have done the match program or are currently working on it, has anyone gotten a letter of recommendation from a vet you have worked for back home or have you all just went with clinicians at your school?

I am a 3rd year thinking of who I want a letter from (it's good to know when you're scheduling 4th yr rotations which we're doing now)

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Are you working with this vet as a fourth year or is this just someone that you worked with before/during vet school? Your references for the match need to be people that have seen you making decisions as a vet student as well as how well you play well with others and handle client interaction. While you may have more experience timewise with the vet you teched for four years they can't comment on how good a vet you are becoming if they haven't see it. Also to some degree you are depending on whoever reads your letters knowing at least by reputation the person that is writing them and also that they have evaluated many candidates for internship/residency positions. Some school also require/recommend that the LOR writers be boarded so that could be an issue.

I went with all clincians at school.