Virtual endo residency interviews?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nobeldds

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
While doing my pre-application season research of endo programs, I noticed that one program in Texas stated that they will be holding interviews virtually(with Zoom) in July. As interviews are typically in July/August, does anyone know of any other programs that are planning for virtual interviews? If this is going to be the way for all of the interviews this summer, it will be great cost-wise but virtual interviews are always so awkward...

Members don't see this ad.

I would guess all of them will do virtual interviews with the possible exceptions of those programs who interview in the Fall.

This may be a benefit for repeat applicants who did well last year but were not selected. But that's just me guessing that if they re-apply and had an interview last year, they may a safe bet for the program. It's also probably going to be a year were personal recommendations from one endodontist to another carries a lot more weight.

There's only so much you can do virtually. Shaking hands and seeing each other is an important part of the residency selection process in my opinion, but these are unusual times. Good luck this cycle!

Reactions: 1 user