Virtual Evals

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tennisnr

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone else's pre-med school/committee use this instead of having to mail out letters? Apparently 120 allopathic medical schools are subscribing to this and the pre-med letter reference service just scans your letters and uploads it to the Virtual Evals server or what not and then the schools you designate can go and download your letters. Seems very fast and efficient. Don't have to worry about letters getting lost in the mail and pesky forms to attach.

Members don't see this ad.

tennisnr said:
Anyone else's pre-med school/committee use this instead of having to mail out letters? Apparently 120 allopathic medical schools are subscribing to this and the pre-med letter reference service just scans your letters and uploads it to the Virtual Evals server or what not and then the schools you designate can go and download your letters. Seems very fast and efficient. Don't have to worry about letters getting lost in the mail and pesky forms to attach.

Seriously? No one else is using Virtual Evals?

never heard of it

Members don't see this ad :)
I just talked to a pre-med advisor last week. Northwestern has adopted this system and is using it this application cycle. Sounds pretty great to me!

yup, my school is beginning to use it this year too. They're still trying to set it up and since my file is complete already I'm going to be one of the first people that they're going to try this on...great the guinea pig here :p hopefully everything works out!

My school is staring it this year (University of Miami). If you do a google search for it you will find a powerpoint presentation from Duke's premed office that has a section on VirtualEvals and explains it. They developed it two years ago, had a 12 school pilot program last year, now a ton of schools are doing it.

My premed advisor said that I will recieve an email when the schools get sent my "file", and they will print out and forward it to the few schools that don't use Virtual Evals online (a couple of the UCs that I'm applying to don't).

Does anyone have information that they or their school have already used it?

doublepeak said:
Does anyone have information that they or their school have already used it?

duke started it a few years back. i know that that pre-med office is in the middle of uploading letters now for this years cycle. ucsf doesn't accept virual evals - so you still need to have your office use snail mail if UCSF requests secondary info. i'm not sure if ucla is accepting it this year or not. your pre-med office should have a list of which schools are accepting the virual evals and which are not. good luck! i'm personally really glad that i don't have to worry about packets of letters getting lost in the mail.