Virtual Shadowing Classification

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Peaches727

Reaction score
Hi,
I just did virtual shadowing through UT Southwestern with a physician who would call and have physicians come and discuss their daily duties and cases. Would this be considered shadowing or listed as something else on the AMCAS?

Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi,
I just did virtual shadowing through UT Southwestern with a physician who would call and have physicians come and discuss their daily duties and cases. Would this be considered shadowing or listed as something else on the AMCAS?

Thank you.

Who did the doc call? You? A patient? If you just talked to docs and they told you about their days, you really didn’t see the doc interacting with patients. You didn’t see patients. I’d try to find some real shadowing. You have several months and you only need around 50 hours. You could probably even count some of this teleconferencing if you could get 20-30 hours of primary care shadowing! Do you have a doc of your own? How about a pediatrician? Good luck as you move forward!