visa for clinical rotation for international student

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bookselb

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am an international student hoping to be doing the clinical rotations in the US under a carribean school. I am wondering on what visas other international students(people without us/canadian citizenship or green card) are doing their clinical rotations? do the schools give an F1? or is it J1 or some type of business visa? Please let me know.

Members don't see this ad.

U'll have to get B1/B2 visa to do the clinical rotations in the US..

Hey! Thanks a lot for your reply. really helped me.
would you be able to tell me what exact documents I need to get from my caribbean medical school? is there a letter that i need to get from them? can i change from a F1 status to a B1/B2 without leaving the US?
Thanks so much!!!!!!!!!! really appreciate it.:)
b

Members don't see this ad :)
Once u leave US to start medical school in caribbean, u loose ur F1 status. U'll have to go to the american embassy in babados to get the visa.. for which u'll require admission letter, ur transcript from the carib school, and a letter from school stating that your school has rotation in the US. Its a very tedious process as I am still goin through it... I would recommend you to try to find a school in the US. If you need any other help just PM me...

Im a dominican med student. My university has exchange programs that allow me to do a rotation in USA;(in Miami iv been told)
I want to know if you guys have any idea of how does it works?does it worth it?
Iv had B2 visa since ever.After that what i need to do?
Thank you very much.

I also have the same question. i am currently on F-1 visa in U.S. I am from India. I am planning to apply to carribean schools, but my problem is will I be able to come back to U.S to do my clinical rotations? I heard about B1/B2 visas, but can we actually go to school on those visas, as I was thinking F-1 status is reqired to study in U.S. can anyone pl reply, so that i can make my decision accordingly.
Thanks a lot

it wud be gr8 if u cud answer the same question..iam on f1 and finished my bachelors..i also got into saba...but is getting b1-b2 visa doable//???is it easliy achievable/?