Visa for veterinary internship in US

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

poppy101

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I am a recent Irish veterinary graduate. I am currently in the process of applying for a visa to start an internship in the US in the coming months. I was wondering if anyone had any experience of the application process from a foreign graduate point of view?

I am applying for a h1b visa. The first form requires a Prevailing Wage Determination which is the average wage for the profession of concern and which must be met by the employer. I have instructed my future employer (Private Practice internship) to go ahead with this fom however they do not seem to recognise the lower salary of the veterinary intern as opposed to an associate.

Has anyone found another wage survey which one could use to differentiate the two average salaries. Another survey can be used if it pertains to the geographical area in question - New York in this case.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi,
I am a recent Irish veterinary graduate. I am currently in the process of applying for a visa to start an internship in the US in the coming months. I was wondering if anyone had any experience of the application process from a foreign graduate point of view?

I am applying for a h1b visa. The first form requires a Prevailing Wage Determination which is the average wage for the profession of concern and which must be met by the employer. I have instructed my future employer (Private Practice internship) to go ahead with this fom however they do not seem to recognise the lower salary of the veterinary intern as opposed to an associate.

Has anyone found another wage survey which one could use to differentiate the two average salaries. Another survey can be used if it pertains to the geographical area in question - New York in this case.

Any help would be much appreciated!

I would go to the veterinary internship and residency match site and look up internship in the area/state. If your intership is through the match the salary should be on there as well.