emsi

Gangs don't die,We boogie
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jun 29, 2004
Status
hey, does anybody know whether we can study here on J2 visa status? (i mean - in this programs for foreign trained dentist,advanced standing) Or it is mandatory for us to have a student visa....

gpg

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 15, 2004
India
Visit site
Status
For J visa,you have to have a major part of the program fees funded by either a fellowship or grant etc. Since this is not so in case of the advanced Standing Prog, you cannot study on J-1 visa.

About J-2,call up the local SEVIS office and ask then,coz you can study on H-4 visa.

But all in all,I think you are better off getting a F-1!

nauka

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jun 8, 2004
Status
gpg said:
For J visa,you have to have a major part of the program fees funded by either a fellowship or grant etc. Since this is not so in case of the advanced Standing Prog, you cannot study on J-1 visa.

About J-2,call up the local SEVIS office and ask then,coz you can study on H-4 visa.

But all in all,I think you are better off getting a F-1!

J-2 is a dependent on J-1, which by the way is a bad visa for physicians because of 2 year HRR.
I am pretty sure that you can study on J-2. You can start the school and you can change the visa afterward, if you want.

OP
emsi

emsi

Gangs don't die,We boogie
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jun 29, 2004
Status
thanks. i'm thinking of starting studying on J2 and latter will change it on F1 or whatever..