Visa Status

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

VENEDOCTOR

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello.
Does any of you have a J2 visa?? I ask because I have J2. Whith this visa I am able to work and study but.....I am about to apply to various international programs and I dont know if I should stay with my current status or apply for a student visa??? And if I your answer is to stay with my status, what would hapend if the status of my husband changes wile I am in the middle of a program and I loose my J2- can I (in the middle of a program) apply for a student visa??
Please dont answer that I should contact an attorney, for I have already do it and he didnt know what to tell me.
Thank you for your help.

Members don't see this ad.

Apply to the programs you are interested in, without thinking at your visa status. Once you get accepted they will help you with this. Each school has an international student service and they know what is the best for you. I would think that F1 offered by the school is great, you can even work part time (20 hours/week or something like this, if you can handle school and job:). They will require you to show you have financial support, but this can come from a bank loan. Anyway I suppose you will take a loan if you don't have all the money. Good luck!