SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Visiting Med Schools...

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by BUmiken12, Sep 18, 2001.

1. BUmiken12

BUmiken12 Senior Member 7+ Year Member

Jul 12, 2001
    Waco, TX
    Okay, this is probably a stupid question, but did any of you visit med schools before applying (like you did in high school visiting potential colleges)? I'm thinking of visiting SLU during my fall break, but I wasn't sure if others did the same. Thanks in advance...

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. BUmiken12

BUmiken12 Senior Member 7+ Year Member

Jul 12, 2001
    Waco, TX
    Just to clarify a bit more, I am a junior and haven't applied anywhere yet (haven't even taken the MCAT yet)...

4. I personally didn't...that is why for interviews your supposed to go there instead so you see the school and the environment...

Right now....I'd say, your like WORRIED too much, focus on the mcat.....the rest of us are just hoping that we make it alive at the end of our flight?!
    :confused:

5. E'01

E'01 1K Member 7+ Year Member

Jun 26, 2001
    NY
    That's not a good question. I actually did because I wanted to see beforehand where I would be applying. I visited:

U of Vermont
    Cornell Med
    Columbia Med
    NYU
    A. Einstein
    Mount Sinai
    Stony Brook
    Downstate
    Tufts
    Harvard
    Yale

I think thats it. But that's only because I have lived in Boston and now live in NY. I also met with either someone related to admissions or a student who attended. Stony Brook and U Vermont were open houses and I attended a premed conference at Downstate.