Delete

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

thedonking

Reaction score
Delete

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I've been fortunate enough to get accepted into multiple schools that I'm interested in and am having a really hard time figuring out how to go about making my final decisions. I know I still have time but I wanted to get a general idea of how I'm gonna go about this. One of the things I wanted to do as part of my decision-making process was visit them in person. Unfortunately, most schools have their "second look" days in late April, some are still going to be virtual, and by then I'd have to narrow down my list to 3 schools. I really want to visit these schools in person but I don't know what I can do if I go visit in the next few weeks/months besides walk around campus and just check out the general area around the school. What are people in similar situations doing in regards to this? I'm assuming it wouldn't be possible to actually go inside the buildings/school because of COVID precautions but is there anything else I can do to get a better feel for the schools in person? Would emailing current students and/or faculty for advice regarding in-person visits be helpful?
Talk to students in the school specific forums

Reactions: 2 users
Agree with Goro - I've talked to as many students as I can and have really found that helpful. When i got a masters I made the mistake of relying too much on internet/visits - both are valuable, but had I talked to more students as I applied, I probably would have found out important info. Best of luck adn congrats on your acceptances.

Reactions: 1 user