Technology Vista aficianados, please enter

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

in her drawer

Ain't no glory in a war
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just bought a laptop, and I'm having difficulty connecting it to the series of tubes. Neither LAN nor Wi-Fi is working for me, and this is really frustrating me. I wish they still sold computers with XP on it... At any rate, if anyone is interested I will post more info later.

Members don't see this ad.

I just bought a laptop, and I'm having difficulty connecting it to the series of tubes. Neither LAN nor Wi-Fi is working for me, and this is really frustrating me. I wish they still sold computers with XP on it... At any rate, if anyone is interested I will post more info later.

:laugh:

You totally just earned some pop-culture points for that one. I can't help with your problem, but I wanted to give you props for making me chuckle.

-t

I have a new vista laptop as well...mine came with a switch on the outside near the volume control that I had to turn on before wireless worked. Try that first.

Members don't see this ad :)

Vista looks nice, but if I were you I would get a mac.:idea: You can even install vista on your mac if you like. :thumbup:

I just bought a laptop, and I'm having difficulty connecting it to the series of tubes.

I'll bet you forgot to order the Habitrail adapter. They really should make 'em standard. ;)

habitrail.jpg

I have a new vista laptop as well...mine came with a switch on the outside near the volume control that I had to turn on before wireless worked. Try that first.

I bet the OP was aware of that. These Vista based notebooks, unlike their XP pre-cursors, can hardly go wirelessly online at Circuit City display shelves.:(