• Pharmacy Job Market Webinar

Are you considering applying to pharmacy school but are concerned about job prospects when you graduate? Join us on Wednesday, July 28th at 8 PM Eastern to hear from three PharmDs about their experiences and options outside of retail pharmacy.

booji

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jun 23, 2005
Status (Visible)
Hey Guys,

I know there have been threads going on the MCAT-prep.com videos by Brett Ferdinand, but I was looking to find out what people thought about the Visual Aid DVD series for the MCAT.

Thanks

booji

sexyman

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 2, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
Theyre not that bad I guess. What is discussed in the DVDs are discussed well but I feel as if they are entirely too short.

Put it this way you could memorize the DVDs for all the sections and it would only be about 5% of the knowledge you need for the MCAT.

I dunno- I dont think they are helping me too much.

Joe

cabrillo

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
May 10, 2005
cali
cabrillo1.blogspot.com
Status (Visible)
Theyre not that bad I guess. What is discussed in the DVDs are discussed well but I feel as if they are entirely too short.

Put it this way you could memorize the DVDs for all the sections and it would only be about 5% of the knowledge you need for the MCAT.

I dunno- I dont think they are helping me too much.

Joe

I think that you are talking about the mcat-prep videos; the visual aid are actually very long and comprehensive in my opinion:rolleyes:

About the Ads

moto_za

15+ Year Member
Jan 16, 2006
Status (Visible)
also the physics seemed more than what u need for the mcat. What do others think? if u think they are helpful, how do u use them?

meds2008

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 17, 2004
Status (Visible)
well, I agree: they aren't teachers on visual aid, they're readers. It's boring, and even though they claim that it's updated, it's not: they always refer to the old structure of the MCAT.

OB1

For All Seasons
10+ Year Member
Jan 31, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
It's a great product, actually. Very highly condensed if you're pressed for time which might work for some people. I skimmed through all of my old notes and textbooks then watched the videos. Scored 30P on my first try.:rolleyes:

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.