1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Visual Aid DVD Series

Discussion in 'MCAT: Medical College Admissions Test' started by booji, Mar 1, 2007.

1. booji

booji Member
    7+ Year Member

Hey Guys,

I know there have been threads going on the MCAT-prep.com videos by Brett Ferdinand, but I was looking to find out what people thought about the Visual Aid DVD series for the MCAT.

Thanks

booji

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. sexyman

5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Theyre not that bad I guess. What is discussed in the DVDs are discussed well but I feel as if they are entirely too short.

Put it this way you could memorize the DVDs for all the sections and it would only be about 5% of the knowledge you need for the MCAT.

I dunno- I dont think they are helping me too much.

Joe

4. cabrillo

cabrillo Member
    7+ Year Member

I think that you are talking about the mcat-prep videos; the visual aid are actually very long and comprehensive in my opinion:rolleyes:

5. sexyman

5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Yea your right...

What are these visual aids you speak of?

Joe

6. moto_za

moto_za Member
    10+ Year Member

i have visual aid and have not used them; they suck. I think, they are just reading off a book to u

7. moto_za

moto_za Member
    10+ Year Member

also the physics seemed more than what u need for the mcat. What do others think? if u think they are helpful, how do u use them?

8. booji

booji Member
    7+ Year Member

Thanks very much all.

9. moto_za

moto_za Member
    10+ Year Member

anyone else have any thoughts about visual aid??

10. meds2008

meds2008 Junior Member
    5+ Year Member

well, I agree: they aren't teachers on visual aid, they're readers. It's boring, and even though they claim that it's updated, it's not: they always refer to the old structure of the MCAT.

11. OB1

OB1 For All Seasons
    2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    It's a great product, actually. Very highly condensed if you're pressed for time which might work for some people. I skimmed through all of my old notes and textbooks then watched the videos. Scored 30P on my first try.:rolleyes: