Dismiss Notice
Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Visual Aid DVD Series

Discussion in 'MCAT Discussions' started by booji, Mar 1, 2007.

1. booji

booji Member

Hey Guys,

I know there have been threads going on the MCAT-prep.com videos by Brett Ferdinand, but I was looking to find out what people thought about the Visual Aid DVD series for the MCAT.

Thanks

booji

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. sexyman

Medical Student
    Theyre not that bad I guess. What is discussed in the DVDs are discussed well but I feel as if they are entirely too short.

Put it this way you could memorize the DVDs for all the sections and it would only be about 5% of the knowledge you need for the MCAT.

I dunno- I dont think they are helping me too much.

Joe

4. cabrillo

cabrillo Member

I think that you are talking about the mcat-prep videos; the visual aid are actually very long and comprehensive in my opinion:rolleyes:

5. sexyman

Medical Student
    Yea your right...

What are these visual aids you speak of?

Joe

6. moto_za

moto_za Member

i have visual aid and have not used them; they suck. I think, they are just reading off a book to u

7. moto_za

moto_za Member

also the physics seemed more than what u need for the mcat. What do others think? if u think they are helpful, how do u use them?

8. booji

booji Member

Thanks very much all.

9. moto_za

moto_za Member

anyone else have any thoughts about visual aid??

10. meds2008

meds2008 Junior Member

well, I agree: they aren't teachers on visual aid, they're readers. It's boring, and even though they claim that it's updated, it's not: they always refer to the old structure of the MCAT.

11. OB1

OB1 For All Seasons

Pre-Medical
    It's a great product, actually. Very highly condensed if you're pressed for time which might work for some people. I skimmed through all of my old notes and textbooks then watched the videos. Scored 30P on my first try.:rolleyes: