VITA Prep Tips Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Justapremedguy

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Alright SDN people. Thanks for your time.

I have the opportunity (mix or gratitude and annoyance) to have gotten a VITA interview. I’d like to take it this week even though I have until 9/16 to get it done.

People who took VITA: How did you prep? What advice do you have? What do you wish you did differently?

ADCOMS: What are you looking for/paying attention to on VITA that we may not think of?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I did the practice test, recorded myself doing some other questions I found online, practiced my why medicine a lot. Didn't feel great about my performance. That being said, I don't think there's a ton you can do to prep outside of standard interview prep and getting comfortable talking into your webcam. Some of my questions were really out of left field and I would never have thought to have prepped for them. Do the practice test a few times, get comfortable with the format, and get it over with.

Reactions: 1 user
I did the practice test, recorded myself doing some other questions I found online, practiced my why medicine a lot. Didn't feel great about my performance. That being said, I don't think there's a ton you can do to prep outside of standard interview prep and getting comfortable talking into your webcam. Some of my questions were really out of left field and I would never have thought to have prepped for them. Do the practice test a few times, get comfortable with the format, and get it over with.

I have heard this from a lot of people. Unfortunately, this just seems like another hoop for premeds. I am doing mine today and just looking forward to getting it over with. Thank you!

I have heard this from a lot of people. Unfortunately, this just seems like another hoop for premeds. I am doing mine today and just looking forward to getting it over with. Thank you!
Yea seems like a good amount of people haven't had positive experiences (myself included), though I have talked with people who felt good about their vita. I'd recommend just powering through and getting it out of the way, like ripping off a band-aid.

Yea seems like a good amount of people haven't had positive experiences (myself included), though I have talked with people who felt good about their vita. I'd recommend just powering through and getting it out of the way, like ripping off a band-aid.

just took it.. see what you mean LOL not bad but no good either