VMCAS eLOR add new one after submitting?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ges

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello, I paid and submitted the VMCAS application and registered 6 evaluators for the eLOR. I was wondering if I can delete one of these and add a different evaluator or if I can no longer do this.

The reason why I want to do this is because I want to delete an evaluator that is not responding to my emails and add a different evaluator that is more likely to respond to the request.

Thanks in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

I don't think you can after you already submitted..

From the VMCAS FAQ:

"Can I make changes to my application once it has been submitted?

After the application has been submitted, you will only be able to ADD designations and edit address and contact information. You will only be able to make these changes up until the deadline. ALL OTHER INFORMATION IS FINAL ONCE CLICKING THE SUBMIT BUTTON. If you need to change your contact information after the deadline, send this information directly to your designated colleges. VMCAS cannot delete colleges after an application is submitted."

So I think that means that all recommender info is final once you submit. If you want, though, you can call the hotline and ask (202-682-0750).

Members don't see this ad :)
I remember freaking out about this since I was waiting on a vet letter until the beginning of September and I'm pretty sure it would let you add a letter of recommendation writer after, but I could be wrong or it could have changed since last year.

Hello, I paid and submitted the VMCAS application and registered 6 evaluators for the eLOR. I was wondering if I can delete one of these and add a different evaluator or if I can no longer do this.

The reason why I want to do this is because I want to delete an evaluator that is not responding to my emails and add a different evaluator that is more likely to respond to the request.

Thanks in advance.

Another reason I never recommend submitting the app so early. Contact VMCAS about it to know for sure, but I'm pretty sure you can't.

Does it matter if an evaluator you have listed never turns in their eLOR? (provided that you have 3 others who did.)

I was pretty sure that as long as you have 3 complete LORs your app is considered complete and won't end up being non-submittable ot anything. I dunno if annything's changed, but VMCAS used to send apps in batches as they were completed... So I dunno what happens if you have a couple of LORs in limbo.

I personally wouldn't hit submit if I thought there was a chance that 1 or 2 were going to flake (just cause I don't want schools to see that there are people out there that aren't rooting for me as much as i thought)...

But I think this is one of those things that's best to wait til tues to hear officially from the VMCAS gurus

Another reason I never recommend submitting the app so early. Contact VMCAS about it to know for sure, but I'm pretty sure you can't.
Exactly. I am waiting until sept 20th to submit it, even though its totally finished. I just want to be sure everything is on there and nothing new comes up inbetween now and then. I am sure it will be exactly the same in 3 weeks as it is now but just in case....