VMCVM - Applications C/O 2022

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TopGun86

Membership Revoked
Removed
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey y'all,

Figured I would create this! Who else is applying Virginia-Maryland College of Veterinary Medicine this cycle?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I am! I just watched my best friend graduate from VMRCVM last night! The professor who did the keynote was amazing. I've only heard amazing things about this school. Very excited about applying here.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

FYI, the "Regional" got dropped from the name, so it's just VMCVM :)

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hey everyone! Just figured I would get the ball rolling for those of you applying to Virginia/Maryland!

I am starting VA-MD this fall, so if anyone has any questions about the school just ask!

Here is the c/o 2021 thread:
VA-MD c/o 2021 Applicants

Hi! Thanks for creating this tread! I was wondering how they are towards OOS? Thanks!

Hi! Thanks for creating this tread! I was wondering how they are towards OOS? Thanks!

I just read on their website that for a class of 120 they took 50 Virginia residents, 30 Maryland residents, and then 40 students were OOS with up to 6 of those being West Virginia residents. So there are potentially only about 34 OOS spots. However, they look for unique people. Also if you come from a state that does not have a vet school they said they are more likely o interview that person over someone who has an IS.

I got waitlisted at VMCVM this past cycle so I am reapplying :(

Reactions: 1 user
I just read on their website that for a class of 120 they took 50 Virginia residents, 30 Maryland residents, and then 40 students were OOS with up to 6 of those being West Virginia residents. So there are potentially only about 34 OOS spots. However, they look for unique people. Also if you come from a state that does not have a vet school they said they are more likely o interview that person over someone who has an IS.
Oh thank you! That's really helpful. I am contemplating on apply but since I am from Florida and I do have an IS, I looks like my chances are much slimmer. Bummer, but good to know. Do ya figure most vet school are like that?

Oh thank you! That's really helpful. I am contemplating on apply but since I am from Florida and I do have an IS, I looks like my chances are much slimmer. Bummer, but good to know. Do ya figure most vet school are like that?

We have people in our class from Florida, so I wouldn't use that as your sole determinant on whether to apply. Also remember, once you get an interview background and academics no longer matter because applicant scores are reset to zero .

Members don't see this ad :)

Well I would apply to schools you are interested in going to and also ones that you have a good chance of getting into. Look at that average stats for the accepted students at each school and how many they accepted IS vs OOS. That will give a good indication of what your chances are at applying. If you really like VA the school and area and would go if you got in, then apply. if not, don't apply.

Second time applying! Was waitlisted last cycle :)

Reactions: 4 users
Was also put on the wait list after the interview. This is our year people!

Reactions: 4 users
Second time applying! Was waitlisted last cycle :)
Same here was waitlisted for the dual degree DVM/PhD program. Good luck this cycle! I am sure we WILL all get an interview this cycle again!

Reactions: 1 users
Good luck to everyone applying this cycle! If you have any questions about the new curriculum, life in Blacksburg, or the school in general there's a bunch of current students checking on the forums periodically throughout the application cycle.

Also, as an OOS student from a state with two vet schools, I can assure you that being from a place with an in-state doesn't impact their decision as much as you'd think. In fact, there are many OOS students in my class from states with vet schools.

How many times has everyone applied so far? This is my second year and I think I have strengthened my chances by improving my essays but I am still super nervous!! I stilll havent sent my application in yet because I want my essays to be perfect:bored::bored: are any other re-applicants freaking out?

Reactions: 2 users
How many times has everyone applied so far? This is my second year and I think I have strengthened my chances by improving my essays but I am still super nervous!! I stilll havent sent my application in yet because I want my essays to be perfect:bored::bored: are any other re-applicants freaking out?
:nod:

Second time right here!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Hope you'll get in I know the pain of being a second time applicants! It's VERY PAINFUL

I got one about a week after submitting my materials... Email with subject: VMCAS Application received VA-MD Med.

I got one about a week after submitting my materials... Email with subject: VMCAS Application received VA-MD Med.
Thanks for replying back. I just sent an email to VAMD as I haven't received a confirmation email from them.

I might have gotten special attention because I forgot to submit my residency form (d'oh!). The email was basically "we have all of your stuff except your residency form.... you might want that" :smack:

residency
might have gotten special attention because I forgot to submit my residency form (d'oh!). The email was basically "we have all of your stuff except your residency form.... you might want that" :smack:
LOL. I worded the email nicely, and basically asked if I should expect a confirmation email. Lol! Thanks for the help

I received a similar confirmation email when my supplemental fee didn't process correctly, but once I submited the fee again I never received another email stating they had everything. I'm just hanging tight for now. I figured they'll reach out if they don't.

Do they accept online classes at all?

Yes, many of my classes were online, including the lab portions. I specifically checked to make sure mine would be accepted, though, and I would advise you to do the same just in case.

End of the first week of December, so probably Dec 7th or 8th

Sent from my SM-G920T using SDN mobile

Did anyone from last year get that email about the applicant interview scheduling and get really excited? Then Shelby confirmed it was a mistake and I almost cried, lol.

Did anyone from last year get that email about the applicant interview scheduling and get really excited? Then Shelby confirmed it was a mistake and I almost cried, lol.

Even better is that one of my current classmates got the email. She thought she'd been booted and made to reapply :laugh:

Interview invite!! Maryland resident!

Sent from my KIW-L24 using SDN mobile

Oooh, they came out early.

I got an interview! Hooray!

Sent from my SM-G920T using SDN mobile

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Interview waitlist! I'll take what I can get

Reactions: 3 users
Interview waitlist. Better than an instant no!OOS