Jul 18, 2012
Status (Visible)
Hello all! As the title states I didn't have the best of grades at a CC I graduated from quite some time ago (I was young and irresponsible - repeated quite a few classes), but eventually I was able to graduate with my AS in Aviation Maintenance. These were vocational studies (technical math and writing, Phy 51V etc). Are my grades from this school going to affect my Overall and Science GPA in PharmCAS? Because without it I exceed the required minimum GPA (last two colleges GPA >3.0) but with it I fall just behind it!

Will schools discriminate the transcripts and consider that because my first college attempt was long ago and my last two colleges avg GPA is above 3.0 that they'll just look at my overall GPA as the two latest transcript? Or will they just look at PharmCAS GPA as a "pass/no pass" grade? I'd have no problems explaining this during an interview but, that is only if I'm even invited to one. That is the bottom line, getting invited. Do I use my personal essay to elaborate some of this?

Appreciate you thoughts on this very worrisome predicament I'm in....

Jul 18, 2012
Status (Visible)
Yes they will! I had a similar situation in which I took an 8 credit EMT course and recieved a B.. Brought my GPA down from 3.6 to 3.49

Thanks for the feedback buddy. Not quite the news I wanted to hear but it is what it is. I just wished they had some kind of "statute of limitations" so to speak, for overall GPA like they do for prerec classes not being over 5 yrs. If they don't count grades beyond that then why factor grades taken more than 15 years ago let alone courses not relevant to pharmacy.

May 14, 2014
North Olmsted, Ohio
PharmCAS just calculates all courses into your GPA, but the pharmacy may calculate the GPAs relevant to their prereqs. OU for example goes off of your overall, science, non-science, and prerequisite grade. So the courses not relevant May only bring down 1 or 2 of these categories.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.
About the Ads