Void?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Qwertyuiop362

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Been studying since mid may and testing on aug 25. I have taken FL's from other companies but i just took aamc scored and got a 502...should i score it or void it at this point? Im taking a gap year as well

Members don't see this ad.

Been studying since mid may and testing on aug 25. I have taken FL's from other companies but i just took aamc scored and got a 502...should i score it or void it at this point? Im taking a gap year as well

If you don't feel you are ready and aren't scoring your target score on practice tests, just reschedule the test. There is no real point in taking the test with the plan to void it. That really does you no good. You'll have no idea what your score would be.

If that is not around the score you want (I don't know your goals), take it on the 25th and most likely void it (unless you think you crushed it). Evaluate your study methods and try taking it in January. Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
If you don't feel you are ready and aren't scoring your target score on practice tests, just reschedule the test. There is no real point in taking the test with the plan to void it. That really does you no good. You'll have no idea what your score would be.

The only positive about taking it and voiding it is the experience (it may make him more comfortable when OP takes it for real and give OP a better idea of what to focus on), plus with the new test a lot of the practice companies do not adequately prepare you because they aren't sure how AAMC likes to ask questions for this yet.

The only positive about taking it and voiding it is the experience (it may make him more comfortable when OP takes it for real and give OP a better idea of what to focus on), plus with the new test a lot of the practice companies do not adequately prepare you because they aren't sure how AAMC likes to ask questions for this yet.

But if you take the test, you won't get the answers afterwards. You won't get a score. Sure, you'll be sitting there like you will for a scored test, but is that really worth the time and money? And what if the OP goes in to it planning to void, but things they do well and decides to score it and gets another 502? You see people thinking they did great and score bad and thinking they did poorly and ended up with a great score.

I just don't think the potential benefits outweigh the risks to it.

My goal is allopathic and ive scored better on other FL's. Its too late to reschedule so i was thinking on voiding unless i felt really good about it (downside is that no matter what ill probably think i did bad)

But if you take the test, you won't get the answers afterwards. You won't get a score. Sure, you'll be sitting there like you will for a scored test, but is that really worth the time and money? And what if the OP goes in to it planning to void, but things they do well and decides to score it and gets another 502? You see people thinking they did great and score bad and thinking they did poorly and ended up with a great score.

I just don't think the potential benefits outweigh the risks to it.

Yeah my thought is the test in 3 days, OP will get no refund.... Might as well go take a "real" practice test. But yes, the risk of thinking he did well, scoring it and doing poorly may outweigh the practice

OP, how many tests have you done and what company? My thought is that if you have done 5-10 tests well consistently and they were reasonably decent tests, your scored AAMC might just be an anomaly. Have you thought of that? Did you do them all in test day setting?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

OP, how many tests have you done and what company? My thought is that if you have done 5-10 tests well consistently and they were reasonably decent tests, your scored AAMC might just be an anomaly. Have you thought of that? Did you do them all in test day setting?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Ive taken 2 kaplan FL's and scored mid 490's, 2 tpr's (503, 501), 3 ek (51, 53, 58), free next step (506), aamc unscored (61,72,64,83), aamc scored (127,123,126,126)

going into an MCAT without the confidence needed to crush it is as bad as a loss of a month's prep time. Also, I presume that you are not applying this cycle with this exam score as basis

Im taking a gap year so im aiming to apply june 2017. Going over the test i just make errors that are from not understanding the passage clearly/nerves. I know the material its just a matter of being able to focus i think. However i believe that a void is worth it compared to a lower score if im shooting for a 508

Ive taken 2 kaplan FL's and scored mid 490's, 2 tpr's (503, 501), 3 ek (51, 53, 58), free next step (506), aamc unscored (61,72,64,83), aamc scored (127,123,126,126)

Sounds like you need to do more prep. I would not show up for the test. Try to reschedule if possible, otherwise cancel.

Sounds like you need to do more prep. I would not show up for the test. Try to reschedule if possible, otherwise cancel.

So i should no show instead of taking it and voiding it? I feel like i should at least take it to get a better feel for aamc style even though i wont know my scores

Members don't see this ad :)
So i should no show instead of taking it and voiding it? I feel like i should at least take it to get a better feel for aamc style even though i wont know my scores

Will you be tempted to not void it at the end? Your practice tests suggest a score that is poor. I wouldn't take the risk.

Reactions: 1 user
Will you be tempted to not void it at the end? Your practice tests suggest a score that is poor. I wouldn't take the risk.

Depends how i feel but im fairly certain that i will void just because i know i need more time no matter how good i feel about it towards the end. Rather void than score poorly

Depends how i feel but im fairly certain that i will void just because i know i need more time no matter how good i feel about it towards the end. Rather void than score poorly

But you could finish the test and think you did great but it turn out the opposite. If there's any thought that you would not void, I'd say don't go. The 'practice' of taking the test doesn't seem to outweigh the risks.

But you could finish the test and think you did great but it turn out the opposite. If there's any thought that you would not void, I'd say don't go. The 'practice' of taking the test doesn't seem to outweigh the risks.

Is a no show equivalent to a void?

Is a no show equivalent to a void?

According to the AAMC website:

Testing More Than Once and Testing Limits
Examinees who opt to test more than once must adhere to the following restrictions:

You may only hold one MCAT exam reservation at a time.
You may attempt the exam up to three times in a testing year.
You may attempt the exam up to four times over two consecutive testing years.
You may attempt the exam up to seven times in your lifetime (beginning with the April 2015 administrations).

A voided exam does count as one of your attempts, regardless of the reason for the void.

A “no show” also does count as one of your attempts, regardless of the reason for the no show.

Why not just cancel it in this case?

Then a void or a no show should result in the same outcome. It all just comes down to your own willpower. What do you think you would do?

I think ill go take the test and void. I dont want to chance a low score if i know i can do more practice throught the semester which i need. But might as well get a better feel for aamc questions

According to your test scores on all those companies (I took each one of those tests so I know how the scores relate to the real), you need to void even if you feel you did okay on the test. You'll know when you're ready... if you have any doubt you are not ready

Reactions: 1 user
According to your test scores on all those companies (I took each one of those tests so I know how the scores relate to the real), you need to void even if you feel you did okay on the test. You'll know when you're ready... if you have any doubt you are not ready[/QUOTE

Some relief that i have more time to study but its for the better so thanks for the help!