voiding mcat!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cabrillo

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am taking the mcat on saturday and I believe that I will take it and void it sicne I am not ready and my deadline passed! how is the procedure to void. is it at the end, the middle or at the beggining that I can do it? is there somewhere that I can call and void or it has to be in person? I mean I already paid for it so might as well take it right? just want to make sure waht to do.thanks

Members don't see this ad.

cabrillo said:
I am taking the mcat on saturday and I believe that I will take it and void it sicne I am not ready and my deadline passed! how is the procedure to void. is it at the end, the middle or at the beggining that I can do it? is there somewhere that I can call and void or it has to be in person? I mean I already paid for it so might as well take it right? just want to make sure waht to do.thanks

I took the MCAT last April and very nearly voided it. At the end of the last section, the administrators announced, "If there is anyone who would like to void their test, please stand up now." Or something like that. I was in a room with about 30 other people and no one stood up. I felt like the test had gone terribly and really wanted to void it, but I was too embarrassed to stand up. (stupid, I know) Anyway, the story has a happy ending: I ended up getting a 35Q, much to my amazement. This was 5 points higher than I had gotten on any practice test! Anyway, I would consider not voiding it--you can always retake it in August. Good luck!

Personally, if I were you, I'd take it, and based on your own self-assessment by the end of the test, decide whether or not you would want to cancel scores. You can just cancel your scores after taking the test. I think AAMC allows score cancellation to account for people who fall ill during the test.

If you know before hand that you want to void, essentially not taking the April test, is it best to just not show up?

Refunds deadlines are past, so I don't think one would have do anything before hand if wanting to not do this test.

Members don't see this ad :)
So, after the PS section, I freaked out and voided my score. However, every practice test I've taken and thought I sucked at went just fine. I hear this story over and over again. My advice, if your practice tests are okay, and you don't leave anything blank, go, take it, and have faith in the curve.

I believe you have the option to void after any section of the test. And if you don't show up to a section (say you decide to bail after lunch), your scores will automatically be voided for you.