Voiding September 2015 MCAT and writing in January?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

R6626_2

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all,

I really need some advice. I'm writing the September 23 MCAT, and I was hoping by writing my MCAT early on this year, I could just focus on applications and other things in the summer time. I think my studying was really slow early on, and I haven't even gone through all the content in my books, let alone reviewed anything from when I first started...so I've decided to void my MCAT this month, and rewrite in January.

Do you think it would be hard to keep studying until January with a full course load?? Would it be better for me to just wait until next July to write the MCAT, and be a later applicant?? I think I study better during the school year vs. the summer...

Members don't see this ad.

Take the next MCAT in April next year if it's offered then. Just spend a few hours a week tops working on your reviewing, doing content review along with passages.

Hello all,

I really need some advice. I'm writing the September 23 MCAT, and I was hoping by writing my MCAT early on this year, I could just focus on applications and other things in the summer time. I think my studying was really slow early on, and I haven't even gone through all the content in my books, let alone reviewed anything from when I first started...so I've decided to void my MCAT this month, and rewrite in January.

Do you think it would be hard to keep studying until January with a full course load?? Would it be better for me to just wait until next July to write the MCAT, and be a later applicant?? I think I study better during the school year vs. the summer...

I do not believe there will be a January Test date. I believe January was only added the last time owing to the transition to the new test. Good luck.

There is a January test and it will be open in October, according to the AAMC website.
You don't have to make your mind until mid October, when registrations open. As for studying, it all depends on how you study. do 1-2 hours a day or every two days, and see your progress. Your priority is to keep your grades as high as possible, even if you have to stop the MCAT review.