voiding?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SexyDoctor

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Couldn't someone who was preparing to take the MCAT, go to the test center, take the test, get a feel of how it is, void the test, and then come back a couple months later prepared and take the actual thing? Sorry if this topic has been discussed before.

Members don't see this ad.

Couldn't someone who was preparing to take the MCAT, go to the test center, take the test, get a feel of how it is, void the test, and then come back a couple months later prepared and take the actual thing? Sorry if this topic has been discussed before.

She could be my doctor any day. :D

Members don't see this ad :)
Op Look at the MCAT club posts. Almost everyone who has taken the exam do not get that feel good feeling after exam, however if you look at same MCAT 30 days later most are happy with their scores

This is a very good idea for someone who is rich and has problems with anxiety on test day, but I don't think it would be that helpful without getting your score back. Though, for me, the experience was definitely worth it to see how drastically different the real mcat can be from practice tests.

This is a very good idea for someone who is rich and has problems with anxiety on test day, but I don't think it would be that helpful without getting your score back. Though, for me, the experience was definitely worth it to see how drastically different the real mcat can be from practice tests.

Yeah, realistically speaking.

But wouldn't it be best to do this 2-3 weeks before your exam so you can gear your final prep to this?

You can't sign up for 2 exams at once though right? So the odds of finding a seat will be pretty low. Depending on where you live, of course.

Yeah, realistically speaking.

But wouldn't it be best to do this 2-3 weeks before your exam so you can gear your final prep to this?

You can't sign up for 2 exams at once though right? So the odds of finding a seat will be pretty low. Depending on where you live, of course.

I think that would make sense. I'll have to look into whether one can sign up for two exams at once.

In my experience, the MCAT on test day was 10x harder than any AAMC, and I spent the full 5 minutes considering voiding. I decided not too, and my score was right at my AAMC average, so apparently the scale was 10x easier than an AAMC practice test, to compensate.

The point is that many people unnecessarily void based on a really hard test. Trust the fact that for 99% of testtakers, you WILL score +/-2 of your averages, regardless of the difficulty of the test.

The only good reason to void is if you didn't finish a section or completely panicked, not because you think the test was brutal.