volunteer hours

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Blitzkrieg

1K Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have 132 official from one volunteer gig (year long), about 250 spread over 4 years, and a good 100 spread over 3-4 in tutoring underprivileged children for free. Should I list the # of hours, or just the actitivities on the post-secondary experiences? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I don't quite understand your question. It asks you for the number of hours per week for each activity.

precisely my problem. Some weeks it was hardly any, while other weeks it was more intense. These were long term activities, mostly. Another one of the activities has been an ongoing project, but not a constant one. Example: I spent a spring break driving across country to pick up books for some international missions I work with, but other than that, I've been mostly raising money for the missions/sending the books off.

Members don't see this ad :)
ah! the average hours per week is not a *required* field. Therefore, I can explain it in the experience description. Right?

yeah, you could explain it in the experiences and leave the average blank. for one of my activities, i just sort of made up an average of 3 hours/week... even though it's more like 3 hours one week, 1 hour another, and 8 hours another.

Thanks lola!

How are all of you doing on total activities? I can't list all of mine, so I tried to put in a mix. Tell me if this looks ok:

5 Volunteering
3 Leadership
3 Research
2 Teaching/Tutoring
2 Honors/Awards/Recognitions

Even though under Honors/Awards/Recognitions, I listed "Dean's list" as part of the awards, because I wanted to emphasize the upward trend in my GPA since attending the university from the community college. Is that a good mix of things?