Volunteer in two hospital?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

abeautifulday

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,
Recently, I've volunteered in a hospital as a Pharmacy Assistant and I will apply to Pharmacy school next year. I want to have as many as volunteer hours as possible before I apply. I got an interview for another hospital to volunteer as a Pharmacy Assistant. Should I volunteer in two hospital to get more hours? Any advices? Does it help a lot for my application?

Thank you

Members don't see this ad.

I think one program is fine. I just did 1 volunteer program at kaiser, four hours a week, and for a year. I'm applying for the 2014 entering class, and I have already received two acceptances. I accumulated over 140 hrs over a year span, which is totally doable. I think its the the "quality" of your volunteer experiences vs the "quantity." As long as you can draw on your experiences and talk about it in detail during the interview, one program should be enough. My advice is to pick the one that you feel most comfortable with ( i.e. any particular pharmacist you bonded with ( potential LOR writer). hope that helps!

I think volunteering in two will help, but it's a bit of overkill. I agree with Confessabear's advice above.

Members don't see this ad :)
It all depends on how much time you have. If you are able to volunteer at two hospitals then go ahead. I personally think it would be much better if you dedicated your time at one hospital so that the pharmacists there can really get to know you.

thanks all you guys for the advices, I try to apply for the outpatient experience and the hospital I am volunteering is inpatient.