Volunteer Scribing, Paid, etc.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Elscy

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know there have been threads about scribing in the past, but as I looked through them, I found that they did not truly answer my questions. I have applied for some scribe positions in the past and even had some interviews, but I have not had any luck at getting hired. I was wondering if anyone had any advice beyond just pumping out applications.

I am not currently a premed student, which I think puts me at a disadvantage to some of the hiring managers. I am currently in an online masters program, which I chose because I believe it will help me find a job in a university, which is my best chance of being able to afford to retake my prerequisites. This program, however, involves course work on health care information management, and I thought that even if I do not end up going to medical school that scribing could help me understand the help care needs of health care professionals and help me find a job in this field.

As I said, however, I have not been able to get hired in this area. I saw on another thread that someone suggesting volunteer scribing for a DO to get shadowing experience. Does anyone have experience with this? Did you just contact doctors and ask if you could scribe for them?

Members don't see this ad.