Volunteer Work On Long Island

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Tejerina

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know there are post on this topic but they usually relate to big cities such as NYC. Has anyone done any voluteering on Long Island??? Or have do you live on LI and volunteer in NYC? I want to intern/work at a hospital, i am open to any opportunities really, any input?

Members don't see this ad.

Hey Tejerina,
I'm from long island as well. i don't know of any opportunities in particular on the island, but i'm sure there are a bunch in NYC, like the Bellevue one i mentioned in the other thread. check out bellevue for their ER internship, its supposed to be a good experience. columbia also has an incredible one in the pediatric anesthesia department that was one of the best experiences of my life. but you have to apply for both of these.

as for long island, i would suggest checking out long island jewish, northshore university hospital, nassau county medical center, even out in stonybrook, if you're from out there. call and see if there are any opportunities for volunteer work that doesn't involve clerical work. you should even try local general hospitals too, i know some local one near me (can't remember the name) used to have a program i think.