Volunteer Work

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Lila V

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
This question isn't really related to Med school persay, but since I know most pre-meds do a lot of volunteer work, I thought some one in here might have some input for me. I am taking a year off after I graduate from undergrad to do some abroad volunteer work, and I am just looking into organizations that have any sort of medical field related programs. One, called Project's Abroad, seemed pretty awesome, but I was looking for some input from people who have actually done some traveling to third world countries on volunteer expeditions. If anyone has any experiences they could share it would be much appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

This question isn't really related to Med school persay, but since I know most pre-meds do a lot of volunteer work, I thought some one in here might have some input for me. I am taking a year off after I graduate from undergrad to do some abroad volunteer work, and I am just looking into organizations that have any sort of medical field related programs. One, called Project's Abroad, seemed pretty awesome, but I was looking for some input from people who have actually done some traveling to third world countries on volunteer expeditions. If anyone has any experiences they could share it would be much appreciated!

Hey, it's "per se" ("by itself") not "persay." One is Latin, one is not.

Sorry. That's one of the SDNisms that really bothers me. It's just "rediculous."

Sorry. That's one of the SDNisms that really bothers me. It's just "rediculous."
:D

Thank you Panda Bear. You beat me to the punch.