Volunteering in East Africa

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

msinternational

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I am thinking of volunteering next summer and have recently received an email from my advisor about this NGO in Tanzania called the Peercorps Trust Fund. Has anyone every heard of it or volunteered with them? Their projects seem to be very grass roots which is very much of interest to me, but I have yet to come across anyone who has traveled to Tanzania with this group before.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi msinternational,
I too am interested in volunteering/working in East Africa/Africa. SO far all I could come up with is contacting the Embassy of Eritrea (the country I am currently interested in). I was given some specific information about the different medical volunteer opportunities that happen there and although it wasn't as all-exclusive as I would have hoped, it is a foot inthe door. If things work out with youand this Peercorps Trust Fund I would like to hear more about it. :)

Hi all,

I am thinking of volunteering next summer and have recently received an email from my advisor about this NGO in Tanzania called the Peercorps Trust Fund. Has anyone every heard of it or volunteered with them? Their projects seem to be very grass roots which is very much of interest to me, but I have yet to come across anyone who has traveled to Tanzania with this group before.