Volunteering question?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

HCW212

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

Sorry if this has been already posted, but do you think it is better to volunter at one hospital/medical ceneter/clinic for a long period of time, or volunteer at numerous places for a shortened amount of time. Again, if this has been posted, flame away. :)

Members don't see this ad.

I also had a similar question. Does anyone know a good website for volunteer opportunities? I've seen some, but they are all similar to what I did in high school, such as patient discharges, lab deliveries, etc, and nothing more.

Thanks. :)

So this doesn't directly answer either question, but just find something that you're interested in and really want to do. Doing something you're passionate about will (I think) always look-and be- better than doing what you think the adcoms want you to do. So to answer, I guess I would think doing one volunteer thing for a long period of time would look better, but doing multiple things to find out something you really love is good too.

Camillekc said:
So this doesn't directly answer either question, but just find something that you're interested in and really want to do. Doing something you're passionate about will (I think) always look-and be- better than doing what you think the adcoms want you to do. So to answer, I guess I would think doing one volunteer thing for a long period of time would look better, but doing multiple things to find out something you really love is good too.

I would suggest several things until you find something that you enjoy, drop the fluff and stick with the EC's you enjoy for a longer time....