volunterring in mexico

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

miss MD

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey everyone
i have a quick question about volunterring. Im in mexico city right now until school starts, I know a reconstructive surgeon here and he invited me to watch one of his surgeries, and im planning on volunterring for the red cross.

i was wondering if volunterring here in mexico city counts on my application, or does it have to be volunteer work/shadowing in a US hospital only?

Members don't see this ad.

hey everyone
i have a quick question about volunterring. Im in mexico city right now until school starts, I know a reconstructive surgeon here and he invited me to watch one of his surgeries, and im planning on volunterring for the red cross.

i was wondering if volunterring here in mexico city counts on my application, or does it have to be volunteer work/shadowing in a US hospital only?

It won't hurt your app, but I think they would still want someone with experience in a US hospital first and foremost, and a foreign trip would come second.

BTW How did you meant this surgeon? Myspace?

i volunteered/lived in mexico....at every interview ive been on they LOVED it! It was basically all they talked about..plus a good experience :)

Members don't see this ad :)
You can volunteer anywhere. If those are things you want to do, go ahead and grab the opportunity. No need to consider whether they fit on your application or not.

It won't hurt your app, but I think they would still want someone with experience in a US hospital first and foremost, and a foreign trip would come second.

BTW How did you meant this surgeon? Myspace?

NO haha hes my boyfriends dad..
thanks for the replies that was fast :)