Vote now! Shave my hair or Save my hair?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lastar

PA student class of 2011
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am raising money for St. Baldrick's - an organization devoted to funding childhood cancer research grants. My goal is to raise $2,000 in only 2 weeks.

This idea has been in the making for years, and I finally have the guts to do it. As you may have guessed from the name, St. Baldrick's raises money by shaving participants' heads. So here's the idea: In return for your donations to St. Baldrick's, I will let you decide the fate of my head of hair. I am willing to shave my head if you are willing to help fund childhood cancer research.

Each dollar that is donated will buy you a vote. You can vote "Yes, shave it" or "No, save it." The more you donate, the more say you have in what happens to my hair.

On April 1st, I will reveal what will happen to my hair. If the vote is "Shave away," I will shave my head - and this is no April Fool's Day joke!

To donate (and to see which side is winning), please visit my blog - http://baldlaura.blogspot.com or head directly to my St. Baldrick's page - www.stbaldricks.org/participants/baldlaura

To vote, simply use the option to "email participant" when you make your donation and tell me the amount donated and either "Shave the hair" or "Save the hair" - and be careful not to make a typo!
smile.gif

I'll post regular updates as to which side is in the lead, so check my blog often! And thanks for helping me raise money to help find a cure for childhood cancer!

Feel free to pass this along to anyone you know who might want to donate.

Thanks,
Laura

Members don't see this ad.