lastar

PA student class of 2011
Sep 14, 2009
Status
Other Health Professions Student
I am raising money for St. Baldrick's - an organization devoted to funding childhood cancer research grants. My goal is to raise $2,000 in only 2 weeks.

This idea has been in the making for years, and I finally have the guts to do it. As you may have guessed from the name, St. Baldrick's raises money by shaving participants' heads. So here's the idea: In return for your donations to St. Baldrick's, I will let you decide the fate of my head of hair. I am willing to shave my head if you are willing to help fund childhood cancer research.

Each dollar that is donated will buy you a vote. You can vote "Yes, shave it" or "No, save it." The more you donate, the more say you have in what happens to my hair.

On April 1st, I will reveal what will happen to my hair. If the vote is "Shave away," I will shave my head - and this is no April Fool's Day joke!

To donate (and to see which side is winning), please visit my blog - http://baldlaura.blogspot.com or head directly to my St. Baldrick's page - www.stbaldricks.org/participants/baldlaura

To vote, simply use the option to "email participant" when you make your donation and tell me the amount donated and either "Shave the hair" or "Save the hair" - and be careful not to make a typo!

I'll post regular updates as to which side is in the lead, so check my blog often! And thanks for helping me raise money to help find a cure for childhood cancer!

Feel free to pass this along to anyone you know who might want to donate.

Thanks,
Laura