VR = 8

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DrScrub

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I got my MCAT score back, and I got PS: 12; BS: 12; VR: 8.

My GPA is 3.88 and my ECs are pretty good.

Do you think I need to re-write the MCAT?

Members don't see this ad.

It depends. When and where are you applying? Where is your state of residence?

I'm planning on applying this upcoming cycle (June). And I'm from Ontario, Canada, but I reeealy want to go to an American School.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm planning on applying this upcoming cycle (June). And I'm from Ontario, Canada, but I reeealy want to go to an American School.
32 is a good score, but the 8 in VR is gonna hurt at Canadian schools and at schools in America where you would be considered an international student. Gpa is good! Try making your ECs from good --> great! With an early application + quick turnaround of secondaries + applying boradly to 25-30 schools, I am sure you will get a call. So, I think you have a shot. GL!

Reactions: 1 user
32 is a good score, but the 8 in VR is gonna hurt at Canadian schools and at schools in America where you would be considered an international student. Gpa is good! Try making your ECs from good --> great! With an early application + quick turnaround of secondaries + applying boradly to 25-30 schools, I am sure you will get a call. So, I think you have a shot. GL!

okay thanks! that's reassuring!

Since you do not have a residence in any state your best chances would be at private schools. So find the ones that accept Canadian applicants and with median MCAT scores of 34 or less.