Jul 8, 2013
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
Hey guys,

I got my MCAT score back, and I got PS: 12; BS: 12; VR: 8.

My GPA is 3.88 and my ECs are pretty good.

Do you think I need to re-write the MCAT?

Jul 8, 2013
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
It depends. When and where are you applying? Where is your state of residence?

I'm planning on applying this upcoming cycle (June). And I'm from Ontario, Canada, but I reeealy want to go to an American School.

About the Ads

pink/\floyd

5+ Year Member
Nov 27, 2013
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student (Accepted)
I'm planning on applying this upcoming cycle (June). And I'm from Ontario, Canada, but I reeealy want to go to an American School.
32 is a good score, but the 8 in VR is gonna hurt at Canadian schools and at schools in America where you would be considered an international student. Gpa is good! Try making your ECs from good --> great! With an early application + quick turnaround of secondaries + applying boradly to 25-30 schools, I am sure you will get a call. So, I think you have a shot. GL!

Reactions: 1 user
Jul 8, 2013
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
32 is a good score, but the 8 in VR is gonna hurt at Canadian schools and at schools in America where you would be considered an international student. Gpa is good! Try making your ECs from good --> great! With an early application + quick turnaround of secondaries + applying boradly to 25-30 schools, I am sure you will get a call. So, I think you have a shot. GL!

okay thanks! that's reassuring!

Faha

7+ Year Member
Sep 15, 2012
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
Since you do not have a residence in any state your best chances would be at private schools. So find the ones that accept Canadian applicants and with median MCAT scores of 34 or less.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.
About the Ads