Jul 8, 2013
Status
Pre-Medical
Hey guys,

I got my MCAT score back, and I got PS: 12; BS: 12; VR: 8.

My GPA is 3.88 and my ECs are pretty good.

Do you think I need to re-write the MCAT?

Faha

7+ Year Member
Sep 15, 2012
Status
Attending Physician
It depends. When and where are you applying? Where is your state of residence?

OP
D
Jul 8, 2013
Status
Pre-Medical
It depends. When and where are you applying? Where is your state of residence?
I'm planning on applying this upcoming cycle (June). And I'm from Ontario, Canada, but I reeealy want to go to an American School.

pink/\floyd

5+ Year Member
Nov 27, 2013
Status
Medical Student (Accepted)
I'm planning on applying this upcoming cycle (June). And I'm from Ontario, Canada, but I reeealy want to go to an American School.
32 is a good score, but the 8 in VR is gonna hurt at Canadian schools and at schools in America where you would be considered an international student. Gpa is good! Try making your ECs from good --> great! With an early application + quick turnaround of secondaries + applying boradly to 25-30 schools, I am sure you will get a call. So, I think you have a shot. GL!

Reactions: DrScrub
OP
D
Jul 8, 2013
Status
Pre-Medical
32 is a good score, but the 8 in VR is gonna hurt at Canadian schools and at schools in America where you would be considered an international student. Gpa is good! Try making your ECs from good --> great! With an early application + quick turnaround of secondaries + applying boradly to 25-30 schools, I am sure you will get a call. So, I think you have a shot. GL!
okay thanks! that's reassuring!

Faha

7+ Year Member
Sep 15, 2012
Status
Attending Physician
Since you do not have a residence in any state your best chances would be at private schools. So find the ones that accept Canadian applicants and with median MCAT scores of 34 or less.