Dismiss Notice
Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

VR improvement to be expected

Discussion in 'MCAT Discussions' started by johnmillsbro, Jul 27, 2006.

1. johnmillsbro

johnmillsbro New Member

Just curious the level of improvement that most of you see once you have studied/practiced how to approach the VR? I have taken a TPR verbal test from the verbal workbook (#1) got 43/60....and Examcrackers VR passages 1 and 2; 44/60 and 42/60 respectively.

This is with minimal practice (10-15 hours of reading TPR book and trying some practice passages, I wonder if you work fairly hard how much can you actually improve the VR by applying Kaplan or TPR techniques or by self-analysis practice????

I would like to be able to answer 50+ out of the 60 correctly...is this asking too much???

Any input would be wonderful? What where your scores the first few times you practiced compared with at the end of your studies and your final MCAT VR score?

Thanks
    J-

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. ADeadLois

ADeadLois Senior Member

Medical Student
    Some good stuff in here...

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=297705

4. johnmillsbro

johnmillsbro New Member

Looking more for info on how much peeps scores went up during the practice.... If you start off with 8s...after studying-practicing are you up to 10s? or does this not change much..... looking for a solid expectation....

thanks
    J