johnmillsbro

10+ Year Member
Jun 22, 2006
Status
Just curious the level of improvement that most of you see once you have studied/practiced how to approach the VR? I have taken a TPR verbal test from the verbal workbook (#1) got 43/60....and Examcrackers VR passages 1 and 2; 44/60 and 42/60 respectively.

This is with minimal practice (10-15 hours of reading TPR book and trying some practice passages, I wonder if you work fairly hard how much can you actually improve the VR by applying Kaplan or TPR techniques or by self-analysis practice????

I would like to be able to answer 50+ out of the 60 correctly...is this asking too much???

Any input would be wonderful? What where your scores the first few times you practiced compared with at the end of your studies and your final MCAT VR score?

Thanks
J-

ADeadLois

10+ Year Member
Dec 18, 2005
Status
Medical Student
johnmillsbro said:
Just curious the level of improvement that most of you see once you have studied/practiced how to approach the VR? I have taken a TPR verbal test from the verbal workbook (#1) got 43/60....and Examcrackers VR passages 1 and 2; 44/60 and 42/60 respectively.

This is with minimal practice (10-15 hours of reading TPR book and trying some practice passages, I wonder if you work fairly hard how much can you actually improve the VR by applying Kaplan or TPR techniques or by self-analysis practice????

I would like to be able to answer 50+ out of the 60 correctly...is this asking too much???

Any input would be wonderful? What where your scores the first few times you practiced compared with at the end of your studies and your final MCAT VR score?

Thanks
J-
Some good stuff in here...

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=297705

OP
J

johnmillsbro

10+ Year Member
Jun 22, 2006
Status
Looking more for info on how much peeps scores went up during the practice.... If you start off with 8s...after studying-practicing are you up to 10s? or does this not change much..... looking for a solid expectation....

thanks
J