Quantcast

VR issues

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

WMD 172

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.
so I have been taking a full length a day for the past 4 days.... and everything is about as expected, 10-12s on the science sections.

Now, on the VR I am either getting a 11-12 or a 7-8, I even got a 5 on a Kaplan :scared:

The trend I am noticing is that when I getting a 11-12 I get a few questions wrong here and there. when I get a 8-9 I get a few wrong and then Ill get all the questions on one passage wrong.

And the 5 I got two whole passages wrong.

Any way to prevent this?

also I was just wondering if anyones scores are consistantly lower with kaplan than the aamc tests?

Thanks!

czhang

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
so I have been taking a full length a day for the past 4 days....

Whoa! maybe your brain is getting overloaded..
Try taking a day or 2 off, and after that, do a FL, and get your focus back. (So you wont be getting 0's on anymore passages)

Scarletblack

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I find Verbal to be related to how "awake" you are at the time you are taking the test.

If you are mad exhausted, then you really won't do so good.

In my case, I tried taking a full length late at night and got a 4. Two days later, it was up to 10.

SN2ed

Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Since your problem is focused on missing questions on whole passages, this is what I suggest.

Go back and look at every passage where you missed tons of questions. Analyze them and see what similarities are present. If you can't find them, you aren't looking hard enough. I say this because missing a whole set of questions for a passage indicates a lack of understanding about the passage itself. You can do well with your other passages, so it isn't question type. When you identify the similarity, dig up some more passages of that type. If it's something more topic related like you're weak with philosophy passages, go read some philosophy.