VSAS now May 27th 9 am

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

You shall know the Truth

5+ Year Member
Reaction score

this time programs have access and can send acceptances?

Members don't see this ad.

Had a classmate get 2 VSAS cancellations today stating the were canceling “per AAMC guidelines”. But we are a school with no home hospital and AAMC guidelines clearly state orphan students are an exception. I don’t see how the “only do an away rule if you don’t have a home program” rule is gunna work if schools are just blanket cancelling on everyone and not making exceptions for students with no home programs.

Reactions: 1 user
Had a classmate get 2 VSAS cancellations today stating the were canceling “per AAMC guidelines”. But we are a school with no home hospital and AAMC guidelines clearly state orphan students are an exception. I don’t see how the “only do an away rule if you don’t have a home program” rule is gunna work if schools are just blanket cancelling on everyone and not making exceptions for students with no home programs.
going to have to get your dean to reach out to the programs. Or apply to programs that still remain open. Hopefully programs get their acts together going forward.

Members don't see this ad :)
Contact dean, also when VSAS opens for us on the 27th we will understand which programs are willing to take students

Reactions: 1 users

We were told that many programs will be cancelling aways to make room for their own students. Hopefully your school can work with you to find some spots.

I'm the director for the critical care medicine (IM) rotation at Advent Health in Orlando Florida and we've still got a lot of spots open. If you're looking for a good critical care medicine elective/selective in sunny central Florida, check us out. You can find our rotation by searching for rotation code 7857-2

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
I'm the director for the critical care medicine rotation at Advent Health in Orlando Florida and we've still got a lot of spots open. If you're looking for a good critical care medicine elective/selective in sunny central Florida, check us out.
Awesome. Do we apply through vsas?

I'm the director for the critical care medicine rotation at Advent Health in Orlando Florida and we've still got a lot of spots open. If you're looking for a good critical care medicine elective/selective in sunny central Florida, check us out.
Is it through VSAS?

How are the guidelines being applied to applicants? if you have a home program or if you are in another part of the country?

Well we're a 1300 bed hospital but don't have a "home medical school". So especially in our department we're happy to take anyone (as long as we have space). This year I'm taking 3 med students per block in critical care. I can't speak to how the other departments are handling their VSAS applications. But you can look at the catalog to see what else we offer.

Well we're a 1300 bed hospital but don't have a "home medical school". So especially in our department we're happy to take anyone (as long as we have space). This year I'm taking 3 med students per block in critical care. I can't speak to how the other departments are handling their VSAS applications. But you can look at the catalog to see what else we offer.

Ugh... as an update the day before VSAS opens for you all... our GME office is closing the institution to students outside of Florida and is conditionally looking at schools in hotspot zones.