VSAS question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AlmostAnMD

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So some schools require stuff like immunizations in "supplemental documents". That's fine, might take me a week or so to get that signed.

In the meanwhile, can I apply for the spot? Or if I apply am I applying with an incomplete application or something by not having my immunization form uploaded when I submitted my app? Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Depends on the school. They usually say in their requirements.

So some schools require stuff like immunizations in "supplemental documents". That's fine, might take me a week or so to get that signed.

In the meanwhile, can I apply for the spot? Or if I apply am I applying with an incomplete application or something by not having my immunization form uploaded when I submitted my app? Thanks

VSAS is a lot less formal than AMCAS or NRMP.

Submit your package and just call the program and see if you can fax them the immunization records. A lot of places will be very flexible once you communicate with them over the phone

Members don't see this ad :)
For me it seemed like most of the programs I applied to required all of that stuff at once. Most wouldn't consider me before it was all in.

While I was on a rotation I had a resident look over that stuff and sign off on it. They just require the signature of any MD/DO, should take <5 minutes.

Are we allowed to apply to some programs now, then apply to more later when other programs open up? Also, it costs $35 + $10 additional afterwards. If I apply more later, Im assuming it would just be 10 each afterwards?

Are we allowed to apply to some programs now, then apply to more later when other programs open up? Also, it costs $35 + $10 additional afterwards. If I apply more later, Im assuming it would just be 10 each afterwards?
You can add some later. I believe it was 10 dollars each from VSAS.

Do you all know if it is ok to create a single PDF with all of the supplemental forms for a given institution? Like instead of 9 different uploads I just create a combination PDF of 9 pages.