VSAS question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

thegreatjaspy

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
My school is going through some administrative changes and I am having a hard time getting a definitive answer to this question so I am hoping someone here can help:

If I get a rotation on VSAS does my school need to get an affiliation agreement with that school? I know many programs that schedule aways outside of VSAS require the agreements, and initially we were told we needed these for VSAS schools too, but now they are saying no agreement needed if it is VSAS. I have a few aways set up and I want to cancel my pending applications for the same dates, but not if I need to make sure my school secures agreements.

Members don't see this ad.

You probably need to ask someone at your school. My school requires affiliation agreements for non-VSAS sites but if you scheduled through VSAS, no affiliation is needed.

You probably need to ask someone at your school. My school requires affiliation agreements for non-VSAS sites but if you scheduled through VSAS, no affiliation is needed.
Thanks, as crazy as this is, my school doesn't know. The woman in charge of 4th year rotations thought they were required for every school and made some students cancel rotations because of it, but now someone else in the department is saying they are not required if you go through VSAS. They are "working on" getting a definitive answer, but we just lost our dean of clinical education so I am not very confident they will find the answer soon.