" W" and repeat

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ALI

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi Everyone
I had a Withdrawl on my transcript. Do I need to indicate "repeated course " when I take the course again the second time on my application? Is " repeated" only for failed course or it apply to my situation,too?
Please help
thank you

Members don't see this ad.

ALI,

You only need to mark the course as a "repeat" if you have previously received a grade for that same course. To clarify, a repeat is for a course that you have previously failed, or received any letter grade in. If the "W" is not included in your GPA, then you did not receive a grade, and do not need to mark it as a repeat. In your situation, you would not need to mark the class as "repeated".

-G

According to the instruction, it states that a Repeated course is one that you have taken more than once, REGARDLESS of the REASON. Thus, even if you didn't receive credit for the W, you would still need to report it as a REPEATED. Hope this helps!

Btw, does anyone know how to enter the "999999" for high school AP courses? and also, can we include all the AP classes that we took in high school even if we didn't take the AP test and receive college credit for?

Thanks!

Sef