Wait between secondary and interview at UCSF

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SarahL

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I first saw this web site a few days ago and have been glued to it ever since!

Believe it or not, my secondary at UCSF wasn't complete until February 14 (AMCAS delays, and mononucleosis). How long did everyone wait after submitting the secondary to be rejected or invited for an interview? I don't think I should pester the admissions office any more!

Incidentally, my supervisor is on the admissions committee. He says they'll be interviewing until at least the end of March. Typically how long was it between your interview invitation and the interview itself?

Thanks for any help you can give!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi Sarah,

Welcome to SDN!! For most people, it takes about one month to go from secondary to interview invite. As the are trying to squeeze in the last interviews over the course of the next three weeks (as you said), you would probably hear from them soon. It took almost exactly one month for me between the time my secondary was complete and my interview invite. Given the time constraints, they will probably call or email applicants for interviews. Good luck!

Becky

Thanks Becky!! I think I have read everything you've posted on this web site. I have worked at UCSF for four years and am in love with the place. Let's hope the delay in submitting my application won't prevent me from having a chance!

By the way, my roommate is a first year at UCSF and I know several second-years. We may have several friends or acquaintances in common.

Hope to see you in school! Have a great day.

SarahL (not my real name)

Hi Becky (or anyone else),

Hope you're having a great day in San Francisco! It's a little too chilly for my taste. :)

If they are going to reject you for an interview at UCSF, do they usually do it more quickly? So if I haven't heard yet and it's been a month, it's a good sign?

And would they typically not put people on hold for an interview now since it's so late in the season? Thanks for any help you can provide!