Wait for MCAT score to submit AMCAS?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

americanangel

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys
Just to double check...I have to wait to submit my AMCAS until I get my April MCAT score, right? Word is, that we won't have our scores until the 20th of June and I just want to make sure that I submit my application early enough in the cycle....
Thanks guys!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey, as long as you apply in the J's (June, July) you should be golden.
Med schools probably won't start looking at apps until July anyway. Still processing c/o 2010.

jackieMD2007 said:
Hey, as long as you apply in the J's (June, July) you should be golden.
Med schools probably won't start looking at apps until July anyway. Still processing c/o 2010.
Gotcha!

Members don't see this ad :)
dr.z said:
You can send it before the MCAT score comes out.

You can submit it now (just need at least one medical school to send stuff to). After you get your scores, then you can start picking which other schools to apply to if you don't know already.

JG198 said:
You can submit it now (just need at least one medical school to send stuff to). After you get your scores, then you can start picking which other schools to apply to if you don't know already.

just to check, the point of this is for amcas to start verifying your transcripts while you wait for the mcat scores, yes? or will they not verify until the entire app is complete?

ltrain said:
just to check, the point of this is for amcas to start verifying your transcripts while you wait for the mcat scores, yes? or will they not verify until the entire app is complete?
I went to the AMCAS website to re-check on this. This is what it says:

"#1

How does AMCAS process applications?

Once your application has been submitted to AMCAS, acknowledgment of its receipt will be sent to you via e-mail provided you have included a valid internet address. Such acknowledgment does not indicate that your materials (that all official transcripts) are complete or that deadline requirements have been satisfied.

AMCAS will then determine if all official transcripts have arrived. If not, your application will be held until they are all present. When your application and all transcripts are on file, AMCAS verifies your course work against your official transcripts.

My application has been there since XX, why isn't it verified?

Please note that AMCAS application processing normally takes 4-6 weeks, and can take significantly longer during peak processing times.

However, the processing of an individual application can also be delayed due to one or more of the following reasons:....."

So, I did it early so that I would not run into the people who submit in July, August and October. This way, I could have my secondaries ASAP.

JG198 said:
I went to the AMCAS website to re-check on this. This is what it says:

"#1

How does AMCAS process applications?

Once your application has been submitted to AMCAS, acknowledgment of its receipt will be sent to you via e-mail provided you have included a valid internet address. Such acknowledgment does not indicate that your materials (that all official transcripts) are complete or that deadline requirements have been satisfied.

AMCAS will then determine if all official transcripts have arrived. If not, your application will be held until they are all present. When your application and all transcripts are on file, AMCAS verifies your course work against your official transcripts.

My application has been there since XX, why isn't it verified?

Please note that AMCAS application processing normally takes 4-6 weeks, and can take significantly longer during peak processing times.

However, the processing of an individual application can also be delayed due to one or more of the following reasons:....."

So, I did it early so that I would not run into the people who submit in July, August and October. This way, I could have my secondaries ASAP.

gotcha. thanks for checking. i guess this means i should get my ps done and submit...