Wait for Spring grades or submit early?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cruncher12

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am curious about when you guys think I should submit my AMCAS application. I am currently doing a one year DIY post-bacc that I started in the fall and am taking 4 more science classes during this spring quarter.

I am on track to receive A's in all 4 science classes and was wondering if I should wait to submit my primary application until I have those grades on my transcript (I would receive the grades by June 29th). They would change my sGPA from a 3.16->3.21 and my cGPA from a 3.38->3.4.

My primary concern is that I had a downward trend in my ugrad junior and senior GPAs. I was out of school for 3 years before I went back to do the post-bacc.

Also, any recommendations for MD schools to apply for?

I am a white, CA resident.
cGPA: 3.4 (includes post-bacc GPA factored in)
sGPA: 3.21 (includes post-bacc GPA factored in)
1 year full-time post-bacc: 4.0

MCAT: 509 (128/125/129/127)

Members don't see this ad.

I am curious about when you guys think I should submit my AMCAS application. I am currently doing a one year DIY post-bacc that I started in the fall and am taking 4 more science classes during this spring quarter.

I am on track to receive A's in all 4 science classes and was wondering if I should wait to submit my primary application until I have those grades on my transcript (I would receive the grades by June 29th). They would change my sGPA from a 3.16->3.21 and my cGPA from a 3.38->3.4.

My primary concern is that I had a downward trend in my ugrad junior and senior GPAs. I was out of school for 3 years before I went back to do the post-bacc.

Also, any recommendations for MD schools to apply for?

I am a white, CA resident.
cGPA: 3.4 (includes post-bacc GPA factored in)
sGPA: 3.21 (includes post-bacc GPA factored in)
1 year full-time post-bacc: 4.0

MCAT: 509 (128/125/129/127)
You're gonna need all the A's you can get to raise your GPA. Definitely wait for spring grades

EDIT: didn't realize how low your GPA would be EVEN with the A's. I'm not going to tell you to not apply MD, but I really hope you're planning on applying (and most likely matriculating into) DO

You did a post bac to raise your gpa so why not wait for your grades so they can actually be calculated in your gpa? Seems like a no brainer. And June 29 is still early just have your app ready and your other transcripts in (if you went to different institutions)

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
You're gonna need all the A's you can get to raise your GPA. Definitely wait for spring grades

EDIT: didn't realize how low your GPA would be EVEN with the A's. I'm not going to tell you to not apply MD, but I really hope you're planning on applying (and most likely matriculating into) DO

I will also be applying to many DO schools, but still wanted to throw out a few MD school applications as well.