Wait List at Rochester?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Deepti

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know what the chances of getting into Rochester off the waitlist are? Any info would be appreciated thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

hi deepti.

i'd like to know that too, since it's it's the only school i've heard from thus far and i want to go there.

unfortunately, after scouring the web for info... i have little to offer myself.

if you look at the waitlist stats elsewhere on the forum, you'll find that out of 21 responses for rochester, there were
4 (a)cceptances, 7 (w)aitlisted, and 10 (r)ejected

if we assume that the (r)ejected were post-interview, then the chances of getting in from the waitlist are actually pretty ok:

we know that the overall post-interview acceptance rate is close to 40%
so, if out of 21, 7 are waitlisted and 4 accepted, nearly 62% of those waitlisted are eventually accepted

40% of 21 is approximately 8.4; since 4 of these are actually accepted, the other 4.4 come from the waitlist of 7

this of course, strongly relies on all those who filed as rejected being rejected after interview. or else it bodes poorly for us

this is upsetting

good luck to you,
joseph

actually, rochester generally takes a pretty substantial portion of students off their waitlist. in some years, it has been quite high--like 70 percent. though i think that number is falling with the years...this past year saw the least number of waitlistees accepted in a while. however--still that number is pretty hefty.

also, i think it's fairly rare for someone to be rejected right after the interview.

WRITE LETTERS. show them your interest.

a few years ago i got accepted at rochester off the waitlist. i wrote them one letter about how much i liked the biospychosocial model, pbl, early clinical experience, etc... i guess they liked that. i ended up staying in philly, but it was a tough call. rochester's a nice school. good luck.