Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Wait list specifics

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by whoanelly, Apr 6, 2002.

1. whoanelly

whoanelly Member
    7+ Year Member

Since I'm a roll here, I don't know how many of you regularly check medicalgold.com, but the fabled "Gower" has been providing specific information on how various wait lists work. He knows whether and what kind of additional data to send, when most movement occurs, how much movement occurs, and whether the lists are ranked.
    He only responds to questions, so ask if you want to know about a list that you are sitting on.

2. NUgirl

NUgirl Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Whoanelly,

Thanks for the helpful site! :) I didnt even know it existed. Good luck in this whole stressful process!

3. Doctora Foxy

7+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Sometimes gower posts on SDN. He has about 800 something posts, and they are ALWAYS helpful ones. I'm pretty sure he's the same guy as the one on medicalgold. Is he a premed advisor?

oh, and thanks for the site! :)

4. LizardKing

LizardKing Veteran Member
    7+ Year Member

Yea gower is the bomb. Gower doesn't post on here that often anymore, but his/her advice is absolutely sound and he/she is extremely helpful.

5. whoanelly

whoanelly Member
    7+ Year Member

Gower recently revealed that he is, indeed, he. I think he said he's a retired premed advisor, but maybe not cause he seems to still be working someplace. I agree that he is helpful and often a voice of wisdom, but he tends to get testy with anyone who indicates that he/she is even looking at the rankings. I guess his many years of experience have convinced him that they shouldn't be a part of anyone's decision-making process. It all has to do with where you'll be happy and will be most likely to succeed--and the latter is not necessarily at one of the top ten. Some of his former students have apparently found that out the hard way. Anyway, he's worth reading if you have the time.