Wait list?????

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

maiann12

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was notified that I am now on the wait list at one of the schools I applied for. What does this mean? Are my chances to get in to this school done for? Is there anything else to be done by me?

Members don't see this ad.

you're joking right? how many schools did you apply to? i would think this late into the cycle you should know what waitlist means and how much you should read into it. if you want general chances of getting any schools or ways to improve your application, then you should post your stats but no one knows your chances at any specific school.

Really?

In case you're serious - a wait list is the sort of 'we like you but don't know if we want to accept you yet' pile. If enough people turn down acceptances, you may be taken off. The wait list movement is different per each school

Members don't see this ad :)
It means your name's on a list and you gotta wait.

That means that you are doen. Period.:laugh:Is that what you wanna hear?

Waitlists are miserable things that will give you a sense of false hope. Been the story of my life for the past two years.

Maybe 1 out of the 3 I'm currently on will pan out...

It depends on the school. About 40% of the matriculants at NYMC last year came off the waitlist. UCSD will offer about 40-80 acceptances to about 350 waitlist spots. Some schools have different waitlist tiers, some have specific internal ranking numbers, some have an unranked "acceptable" pool.