SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Wait-listed at NYMC, need some info

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by trying2becomeMD, Mar 25, 2002.

1. trying2becomeMD

trying2becomeMD Senior Member 7+ Year Member

Jun 30, 2001
    Los Angeles, CA
    I got the dreaded Waitlist letter from NYMC... I really had my heart set on this school, so I am very very sad...

During the interview day, the admin director went through the stat very quickly, does anyone remember what % of interviewees get accepted/waitlisted? And also whether there is a lot of movement for the waitlisters?

Please help!!!!!! According for the publication I have, NYMC reviews waitlisters in June/July, I don't think I can wait that long!!!!! The notification letter wasn't very informative, so I feel so helpless. Anyone else in the same boat for NYMC?

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. katiep

katiep Senior Member 7+ Year Member

Aug 16, 2001
    The bad news is that last year only 2 or 3 students came off the list, and they were special cases (whatever that means). It was a horrible wait with a bad ending for me. The good news is that the several years prior to that, 40+ students usually came off the list. I heard from an administrator (not in admissions so take it for what it's worth) that there are about 120 people on the waitlist, so you may have a ~35% chance of getting off. But again, this is numbers from several years ago, and I don't know how reliable the source is, so this year could be completely different.

The stats for interview/acceptance ratio is available on USNews.

I don't know when people get off the list, how often they review it, etc. Hopefully someone else will know. Have you tried calling the school to find out?

4. ghm

ghm Member 7+ Year Member

Feb 20, 2002
    hi.

i was wondering when you interviewed. i interviewed late jan. but still have not heard anything.