Wait on physiology?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

godsfshrmn

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I had planned on taking the MCAT this august. I started studying last week and I realized that there are 200 pages in my old kaplan book relating to anatonomy and physiology. This fall I am taking a physiology course. Since the MCAT is offered more than twice a year now, would it be in my best interest to take it after a few months of physiology around like November? I know that that means I have to wait a few more months for my scores to come back. I need to have my application in as early as possible because of my crummy gpa. I plan to apply for the fall of 08. Whats your take?

Members don't see this ad.

I had planned on taking the MCAT this august. I started studying last week and I realized that there are 200 pages in my old kaplan book relating to anatonomy and physiology. This fall I am taking a physiology course. Since the MCAT is offered more than twice a year now, would it be in my best interest to take it after a few months of physiology around like November? I know that that means I have to wait a few more months for my scores to come back. I need to have my application in as early as possible because of my crummy gpa. I plan to apply for the fall of 08. Whats your take?

unless im mistaken, the last test date for this year is september 8ish. would physiology help? definately. can u do the mcat fine without it? probably. is it going to be tough without physiology? slightly. u have until august to learn the material. just learn it and go for it in august. august is already kinda late to be taking the mcat, and if u wait any longer, especially with a low gpa, itll be very tough for u to get accepted for the 08 year. i say study the material, do practice exams (the usual routine), and study up on any weak areas u have.