Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Wait on physiology?

Discussion in 'MCAT Discussions' started by godsfshrmn, May 14, 2007.

1. godsfshrmn

godsfshrmn Junior Member 10+ Year Member

Jan 8, 2006
    Ohio
    I had planned on taking the MCAT this august. I started studying last week and I realized that there are 200 pages in my old kaplan book relating to anatonomy and physiology. This fall I am taking a physiology course. Since the MCAT is offered more than twice a year now, would it be in my best interest to take it after a few months of physiology around like November? I know that that means I have to wait a few more months for my scores to come back. I need to have my application in as early as possible because of my crummy gpa. I plan to apply for the fall of 08. Whats your take?

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. scotties123

scotties123 GrandMacDaddy 10+ Year Member

Apr 29, 2007
    unless im mistaken, the last test date for this year is september 8ish. would physiology help? definately. can u do the mcat fine without it? probably. is it going to be tough without physiology? slightly. u have until august to learn the material. just learn it and go for it in august. august is already kinda late to be taking the mcat, and if u wait any longer, especially with a low gpa, itll be very tough for u to get accepted for the 08 year. i say study the material, do practice exams (the usual routine), and study up on any weak areas u have.

4. godsfshrmn

godsfshrmn Junior Member 10+ Year Member

Jan 8, 2006
    Ohio
    Ah I was not aware of that. I guess it looks like I'm going to be working my butt off this summer!