cagey

10+ Year Member
Jul 6, 2006
Status
Pre-Medical
I currently have a GPA of ____, but I suffered health problems that went untreated my first semester in college and neccessitated withdrawal my second semester. I have been in an ongoing petition to have those first semester grades retroactively withdrawn, which would give me a ___. I have a 36-S MCAT, and am hoping for an upper-tier acceptance. My extracurriculars are as solid as I could hope them to be.

I have full support of a health professional and my chances of having my record purged are fair, but I will not know until mid august!

Should I wait to submit AMCAS? Or should I get it in, warn schools of what may happen and, if it does, go through the ordeal of having my transcript updated everywhere?

BTW This is my first post here, and I thank all repliers in anticipation. This is a frighteningly rich resource!

chaeymaey

1K Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
May 25, 2003
TX
prettydoc.blogspot.com
Status
Fellow [Any Field]
I would wait. Your MCAT score is high enough to overcome any penalties that come with a later app. Your original GPA may even be too low to make it through the initial screening process, where essential a computer will kick your app out before anyone can even look at it.

etf

Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Apr 27, 2005
Status
chaeymaey said:
I would wait. Your MCAT score is high enough to overcome any penalties that come with a later app. Your original GPA may even be too low to make it through the initial screening process, where essential a computer will kick your app out before anyone can even look at it.
what she said...

About the Ads

narc

10+ Year Member
May 26, 2006
Status
chaeymaey said:

I really like when you post. I get to look at that incredibly hot picture. :p :love:
God Im tired...... :sleep: :sleep:

chaeymaey

1K Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
May 25, 2003
TX
prettydoc.blogspot.com
Status
Fellow [Any Field]
narc said:
I really like when you post. I get to look at that incredibly hot picture. :p :love:
God Im tired...... :sleep: :sleep:
Whenever I see those Z's I laugh because it reminds me of Chyme and the Dr. E thing. Glad you like the pic.

jackieMD2007

***MVI***
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Apr 23, 2006
The Hospital
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Looks like Adriana Lima to me.

zach1201

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jun 6, 2006
Status
jackieMD2007 said:
Looks like Adriana Lima to me.
Wow, if you're correct, I think you have an enormous facsination with supermodels.

OP
C

cagey

10+ Year Member
Jul 6, 2006
Status
Pre-Medical
chaeymaey said:
Thanks! I hope you are right. I will stick it out.

About the Ads