Wait till after DAT to worry about supplemental apps?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jamillion24

Reaction score
I'm in the process of applying to dental school and studying for the DAT. I officially submitted my AADSAS application June 5th, but will not be taking my DAT until mid-July. Does it make sense to just wait until after I take the DAT to work on and submit the supplemental apps since my DAT scores will take a little while to be verified anyway? Some of the supplemental applications are relatively time-consuming, such as answering why I want to attend specific schools in a well-written manner. I want to be able to focus as much as possible on studying.

Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

I personally waited until after my DAT, which I took in early July, to begin working on secondaries. I focused all my time and attention on the DAT and am glad I did. I started working on my secondaries the day after I took the DAT and finished them before my DAT scores were officially verified. The only ones that I did later were the ones that you have to wait for the school to get your completed application and then they send you the secondary. Best of luck!

Reactions: 1 user